Monday, September 15, 2014

Humor



Humor, Mind Mapping, and Ideation


1. Start with by watching something comedic

To start this assignment I watched a few episodes of Whose Line is it Anyways.  The show is based on improvising and is guaranteed to provide comic relief.  Wayne Brady and crew did an excellent job exercising the humor portion of my brain.  If only the points mattered...

2. Mindmap based on College Life

Below is a picture of the mind map that I created.  I started with four key categories: Academics, Social, Independence, and Health.  From there, I made connections to associated themes or words.  After I completed the map I linked terms based on colors to the four categories I mentioned.  For example, independent living arrangements link to social aspects of college life.  Another example, social student groups can relate to academics.

3. Ten Idea Sketches

I based my ideas on two subthemes from my mind map.  Stress management and Class Preparation.  Having had some exposure to improv comedy (from Whose Line is it Anyways) my mind was open to new possibilities.  Here are the sketches for your viewing pleasure:



                                   









4. Myers Briggs

Here are my Myers Briggs results:




Thank you for reading!

-Ben

2 comments:

  1. Hey

    I must say that I really like your mind map. I'm jealous of your handwriting and spacing of groups because it makes for such a clean map. Your effective use of the space also allowed for deeper exploration of themes.

    As far as your ideas go I wish they were more consistently "silly". Ideas like the back massage rumba are great but obviously things like the massage pillow and ultimate bookshelf leave a bit to be desired.

    Were these all the ideas you came up with? If so what if you decided to just come up with more ideas and pick the silly ones after. Sometimes that's all you need is to just start keep thinking even if they all seem like bad ideas.

    Best,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wayne Brady and the crew can always set a great mood, great choice. Seeing the color on you mind map added another level of connection that I liked. The little drawings on your map are charming. I wish you would have scanned your map and ideas or cleaned up your photo. It took some squinting on my part to read. Your images of the ideas would have been easier to read if they were large. It was difficult to understand your ideas because of the size. Your drawings did a good job illustrating your ideas though. I wish I had a brewing backpack and a rumba back scratcher. Stress management and Class Preparation are both important themes in college. Expanding on either one of those subthemes could be very interesting. Horray for INTJ! You’re a thinker for sure!

    ReplyDelete